Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Act III - ...et tombent les masques...

drug teaches
human beat dream
talkin' to me ?
it's a catastrophe waiting to happen
the city has lost about the third of its system
restructuring to do more with fewer
more street people
more assholes
whatever happen
we're going to lose another third
who are seriously mentally ill
it's oh so hard to find the city
it's all so difficult
to find a boy with a empty bed
it's oh so terrible she said

System in the city
the situation's bad
it is bad now
and it was bad a year ago

just can't say if the situation
is worst or not

at least we've got heroin...

a boy with a empty bed
a nurse with a empty head

CITY AS A GHOST

I had to use it
just to tear it apart
I cracked them open
I was cursed as you are
Don't need no stitches
let's wait until
your blood turns to rust

I guess you know what to do
I guess you know what is good

A day like today
find a new way to die
a so cold morning
means a new place to hide
my translucent skin
beneath the shimmering light
the thing looks better
from the other side

'cause I've got the ghost of the city
right behind my eyes
I'm walkin'
I'm walkin blind

I used them all yeah
just to see how it turns
to break them all up
everytime it returns
you've got me wrong, man
everyday I come play
your frenzy crash'n burns

...but I don't mind
the scars and the fights
no I don't mind
the archetype of time
tattooed flashbacks
...in and out...
something left behind
comes back around midnight...

If you feel it coming
guess you know what to do
don't need no reason
just got to do it good.

WHITE WINGS AND A GUN

White wings and wax
I'm Icarus's wild child
I fly up above
never dare me to take the hardest dive
'cause when the sun burns
I'm far beyond the point of no return
face to face with myself
on the other side your the mirror

my knife on your throat
I smile 'cause you don't

Open up your mouth
and let this knife descend
far before tomorrow
you'll be stabbed
and defeated...

It takes two to tango
two to fall in love
It takes two to tell a joke
two to laugh at one
It takes two to talk of nothing
two to become one
It takes to two to know another
two to get rid of one

Now, tell me baby...Do you still love America ?

White wings and a gun
I'm the chosen one
sun into the ocean
I'm the eve of destruction
my gun in your mouth
I smile 'cause you don't

TAUROMACHIE

The worst goodbye
farewell that takes a lifetime
flesh and bones
distorted on the face of existence
as I linger behind
the old city walls of Mexico
I'll stop to watch one last rodeo
'cause I'm not going home
No, nothing here can stop a beast
from going down...

Falling to the ground

In the distance
the picture show looks different
Warhol's fifteen minutes have gone mad
but I'd bet my last buck on a phoenix life...
Close the book, the bull is leaking...
not looking for a new red hot target
...until that day
I'll have to sleep on bloodstained ground
that cannot help me from going down...

Falling underground...

" Once you've watched the news,
once you've heard the songs,
once you've watched the world
and this world was gone...
Isn't it so beautiful
how everything works out...
I drink liquor
while you choke on the cheapest dope
and the rain is falling down
freezing all our hopes...
and oh so strange...so strange
is the ride...
not knowing when...
not knowing why...
from a carnival of strangers
it's a circus of souls...
Like a dog in the goldrush...
I'm used up and feel so old...
not really happy to realize
everything that I've been told...
that the people that I've learned to love
have all got the same damaged soul...
that 24 hours is not enough
so learn to live with ghosts...
take it as it goes...
that this place will never be
what I want it to be.
The money, the gods and the scenes
now all mean the same to me...
So baby...
Your God gave you wings
and in its way you could fly
but out of his frame
there's an army of knives...
and no...
nothing here could stop the man
from going down."

goodbye.

No comments: